Monday, August 29, 2005

i am a mother















Sometimes it hits me that I am a mother. Even though Payton is already 8 months old, it's still hard to believe sometimes that I am a mom. There is a tiny little person that grew within me who needs me and depends on me to survive. It isn't all about me anymore. And you know what? I like that. I like knowing that no matter what, Payton loves me. I like knowing that I can make someone feel happy and safe and special and loved. I have always been an independent person, but I love that she is dependent on ME. I know what makes her laugh, I understand her cries. I know her favorite toys, and I know when she wants to be cuddled and when she wants to be left alone. I am a mother. Crazy!! I never imagined that life could change so drastically, that your purpose in life could suddenly become so obvious. I love where I'm at. I love being a mother.

No comments: