Wednesday, November 05, 2008

we're having a...





...GIRL!!!



No surprises here...I guess that's just what Graham and I make best. Haha! This has been a very eventful week(ish). Halloween came and went and was lots of fun. The girls had fun trick or treating and I even went with them this year. Gabby was hillairious...very overwhelmed, but once she figured out that she was getting candy, she was all good.



Then we went for my ultrasound on Monday...I was very excited and when it came down to it, I was just assuming that it was a girl...so was daddy. So we just laughed when the tech told us that "they're never 100% positive, but it looks like a girl". Of course it's a girl, what else would it be? It was awesome to see her little body and her heart beating...to know that this is all for real, that there IS a baby in there. When we got home and told the girls that they would be getting a baby sister Payton started crying and said "but I want a baby brother!!". She's been wanting a boy from the get-go, so we've been talkin' up girls big time...I'm sure she'll get used to the idea. (wink) I know I'm excited for another little princess.



Anyways, I hadn't been feeling well all weekend and when I got home from my ultrasound things just went downhill. Payton was asleep by 5pm 'cause she wasn't feeling well, Graham wasn't feeling well, and then the puking started. To make a long and yucky story short, I had my mom take me to the hospital after midnight 'cause I was so sick and totally dehydrated. They gave me fluids and gravol by IV and today was the first time I was able to get out of bed. So it's been a yucky couple days, and thank goodness for my parents and sister who took care of the girls for us. Being sick sucks!!! I'm hoping I'm on the mend and that the flu has come and gone for this little family for the rest of the year.



Hope it doesn't hit you all the way it hit us. Be back soon.



:)

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your baby girl ... I have 3 girls and they are definately the BEST! I hope you are all feeling better very soon. :)

Lindsay Bateman said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!That is super exciting and she is going to be so beautiful. I am glad to hear you are feeling better! Take Care.

Jenn said...

That is so exciting that you are having another girl! it's much easier to go with the status quo than have to switch to boy stuff now! I hope you are feeling better soon!

Sarah said...

That's exciting!!!
I would love a girl....but I am not ready for another baby quite yet!
It's nice to have family close by to help. I hope you all feel better soon! :)

Roxanne said...

Talk about a a bitter-sweet day! I'm glad that you had that great start to your day, especially since it ended so poorly. Congrats on the newest little girl!!

Robyn said...

Huge congrats! They are all going to be the best of friends and will just love that! So neat!

tapintosimple said...

congrats on the news of PRINCESS # 3! Take care...
diane

jessica said...

congratulations, Talia. I think it'd be fun to have all girls. Sure makes things easier for ya!

me said...

congrats, tal! it woulda been cool to have another audenart boy in this world, but when ya know another super cute audenart girl is on the way, i can't really be anything but excited! three girls...they are going to be legendary. so excited for you. hope you are all healthy. call me if you need anything!
xo, jods

Jordana said...

Hey Talia, congrats on a Girl! That is so fun. They will all be best friends! Hope you're feeling better.

Itworksforbobbi said...

Oooh, so fun! Coming from a mother of 4 girls, I can tell you, you are in for a treat! There is nothing better than sisters!!! Hope the rest of your pregnancy zooms by uneventfully :)

Kim said...

I'm so excited for you guys!!! Just like Bobbi-Jo said...sister's are great!! They'll all be such good friends...makes ya happy, hey? Love you guys and glad that you're feeling better.

Charin Adams said...

Congratulations! :) I'm sure she'll be another beauty!! :)
I hope you're feeling lots better, I've been feeling gross this week too but I can't imagine having the flu right now!

Elsie Larson said...

awe!!!! :D

Paula said...

3 girls are the best. I'm the third of three and although they drive me crazy sometimes, I wouldn't trade my sisters for anything!

Anne Thompson said...

congratulations! I'm sure if we had baby #3 it would have been another girl also! We love girls around here. Have fun!

Jamie said...

Congratulations on the little girl. That is exciting news! We just found out last week that we are expecting #4.

Sorry about the flu bug! Hope you are all recovering.

s a n s k u :) said...

One more princess for Graham to admire. :) Congratulations you guys!

Sorry you had a rough time. Life sucks at times. At least we know why. It's still a trial though, isn't it.

chanel said...

congratulations ... that is so exciting. We have 3 girls too ... so i guess we have more in common than just scrapbooking now! wink!
girls rule!
luv chanel