Saturday, September 24, 2005

everything's okay

It seems like the past few days my whole family has been glued to CNN, just watching the updates on Hurricane Rita. But my older sister talked to Niki this morning in Houston, and they're totally fine. I think the worst of the storm is over...there could still be flooding and rain and stuff, but everything's okay! Whew! I guess they're power went out for a while but it's back on, so for now, they're all good. Such a relief. Hope everyone else with family members in the south has the same outcome that we did. Soooo....on a lighter note....I'm getting one of my pages published in Creating Keepsakes!! I'm soooo excited! For those who are not too familiar with the scrapbooking industry, it's been really challenging in the past year or so to get published as there are just SO MANY amazing scrappers out there...it's very competitive. So I've been trying to submit my work lately and on Tuesday I got an email from one of the editors at CK saying they want to use one of my pages in the February issue. Yay! I'm pumped. It's pretty cool to open a magazine and see your stuff in there. So that's been my excitement for the week. We're all sick here so Payton's been a little grumpy the past few days....oh well. Went out with Ryan and Jody last night...so ridiculous that we live in the same freakin' town and we haven't seen eachother all summer! So that was fun to hang out and catch up with them. Anyways, gotta run...just glad that my whole family, wherever they may be, are safe.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

tal i am so glad to hear that nikki and her husband are ok. that must have been very stress ful for them and your family. i am glad that it is over.

Anonymous said...

tla also let me know where i can get a copy of that magazine to see your work. congrats.