Monday, January 23, 2012

DIY: Lavender Heating Pads




Hey, Everyone!



Popping in today to share a super easy DIY project! For Christmas this year, my sister-in-law's and I decided to do a handmade gift exchange. It had to be super cheap and totally handmade, so of course, I turned to Pinterest! (heehee)



I came across this pin, and since it was like, December 22nd or 23rd, I knew I needed something really simple! These adorable heating pads were very easy to make. Trust me. If I can make them, anyone can! I am not a seamstress by any sense of the word, but if you can sew a straight line, then you're good to go!



I made my heating pads following this tutorial from Elm Street Life, but I only sewed 1 seam down the middle instead of 3...like I said, simple people, simple! I filled my heating pads with rice and then scented them with Lavender essential oil. I love them!! They turned out so so cute and I use mine all the time. I am always cold at bedtime so I love heating one of these babies up before bed and they smell so good! All the fabric I used were scraps I had on hand...since I started these at about 10pm, I had no other option, heehee!











So there ya go...a simple little gift idea for any occasion. Have fun!!!


Photobucket

4 comments:

Ashley said...

These turned out so cute! I love them and I love the fabric you used too.

alicia.king said...

way cute fabric!

Air Cleaner said...

Our Air Cleaner business. It affected by microbial contaminants , gases or energy stressor that can induce adverse health conditions. Indoor air is becoming an increasingly more concerning health hazard than outdoor air.

AC Service Phoenix said...

AC Service Phoenix offers full service and repair on all makes and models, expert service, repair, installation and much more.